At this time, we are not releasing medical records in person at any of our locations. Other options for obtaining your medical records can be found on this page and include options for obtaining them via phone, fax, email and for MyChart users.
For more information, please contact us at 419-291-4172 or toll free at 877-764-5999
The ProMedica Health Information Management department, also referred to the medical records department, is responsible for maintaining secure, complete and accessible medical records in support of the mission and objectives of ProMedica. Our EMR (electronic medical records) and MyChart securely preserve information about your care.
The care you receive at a ProMedica is documented on your Electronic Medical Record (EMR), which you may hear referred to as Epic. You may request information from your medical records or participate in your care through MyChart, which provides a portion of your overall medical record and offers communication services with your providers’ offices.
Medical Record Requests
To request information from your medical record regarding your care at ProMedica, download and complete our ProMedica Authorization Form so we can release your medical records to you or send them to another party. Once the form is complete and signed, send the completed form by:
- Fax: 419-479-6919
Mail:ProMedica Health Information Management
5855 Monroe Street
2nd Floor Ste. 202
Sylvania, OH 43560
For additional information, view our frequently asked questions, or call ProMedica Health Information Management Department at: 419-291-4172 or toll free 877-764-5999.
ProMedica offers MyChart, a secure, online connection to your healthcare records. With MyChart, you can request appointments, renew prescriptions, review your health history and more.
- When you are discharged, you will receive an After Visit Summary that includes a MyChart activation letter. This document will contain your activation code needed to create your own MyChart account.
- You may also talk to your ProMedica provider during your admission or at your next visit about signing up for MyChart.
- Once you have activated your MyChart account, you can download the free MyChart app by Epic from the Apple or Android app stores. The app makes this ProMedica healthcare tool accessible from Apple and Android tablets and phones.
To learn more about my chart, visit our FAQ page or log into your MyChart.
If you have questions or require technical support, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 419-291-4173 to speak with our ProMedica MyChart Staff.
Download our ProMedica Authorization Form
Health Information Management Costs
- Records released to you through MyChart are provided free of charge.
- Records requested for reasons other than continuing medical care will be assessed a fee. This includes patients requesting copies for themselves.
Access Fees for PATIENTS ONLY:
- Records downloaded to CD $9.25 labor + $0.74 + actual postage.
- Records Printed on paper $9.25 labor + $0.03/page + $0.06/envelope + actual postage.
- Onsite Review- free of charge
- Indigent Patient 1st Copy Requests: (Michigan only) free of charge
Requests for medical records released to someone other than the patient may have associated fees as regulated by the State of Michigan and State of Ohio and adjusted annually.